We are looking for a Pest Control Technician who is knowledgeable about the different kinds of pests and their habitats.
A Pest Control Technician is responsible for inspecting customers’ premises, advising them on possible treatment options and clearing the environment from items that could draw pests to the area.
Ultimately, you must be able to identify which type of insect, bug or animal you come across to help customers get rid of them more effectively.
- Inspect buildings and the surrounding environment for signs of pest infestation
- Advising customers on the kind of treatment required to eliminate identified pests
- Determine the type of treatment needed to eliminate pests
- Take the required measurement of the area in need of treatment
- Estimate the cost of services rendered to clients or customers
- Use different pest control methods such as the setting of traps or baits to remove or kill pests
- Apply pesticide safely in buildings or structures and the surrounding environment
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Pest Control Technician or similar role
- Must possess physical stamina and be able to withstand harsh conditions
- Ability to stand for an extended period of time and work in uncomfortable environments
- Must be detailed oriented and be able to follow detailed instructions in applying pesticide to avoid harm to the client and self
- Must possess good customer service skills and be customer-focused
- Strong ability to keep good records of hours worked, chemicals used and payment collected
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred